Skip to main content

Teachers & Stay-at-Home Moms (Make Extra $$ This Summer)

As a substitute teacher, I do not get paid during the summer months and I haven't found any luck with tutoring over the summer either. I only work part-time on my husband's days off (bummer for him). So I began researching a few months before summer arrives to plan ahead and see what's out there for moms or subs. I don't want to go anywhere; I am looking for a telecommute job or online job where I can work on my own time while my baby is napping. So here is what I found:

1. Work at Home Job Listings
This is a great database website that takes you to other websites that are hiring for at home jobs. You can search your area (mine came up with zero). Or you can scroll down and browse a list of newly added jobs. Some examples of jobs are bloggers, editors, telemarketer, writers, tech. support, developer, and even an Android App. reviewer.

2. Mystery Shopping Provider
This might be a fun way to earn money if your a stay at home mom who doesn't necessarily like to "Stay at home". You search for "shopping assignments" and from there you can search your area, find an assignment and apply for the job. They can pay anywhere from $5-200 (some are just a spending allowance and you don't get paid). You may not be paid for some jobs but they give you an allowance to spend! That's free clothes, food, services, etc. I recently saw one where you get to spend $150 at a men's clothing store or spend $20 at a tanning salon. You usually don't need to be experienced, but should be able to have a good memory, be organized and write well.

3. Transcription Focus Forward
If you are a skilled typist (50 WPM+) you can make some extra cash by being a transcriber. You can sign up for FREE at Focus Forward and once you download the audio program (also free) you read instructions and take the test. I took the test and I consider myself a good typist- let me tell you I had a difficult time; you can slow the audio down and rewind..but that takes up more time. The pay is $10 per 15 minutes of audio. You get paid for the minutes of audio you are transcribing; not the amount of time you actually worked. It says you need Windows for this but if you have a Mac like me I am sure there are ways to get around any issues.

4. Sell Stuff/ Host Parties
I know there are many people out there who love meeting new people, have a lot of friends/social network, and love hosting parties. This option would be best for you! Here are a list of companies I found that give you commission and free products for selling their items. I have never used any of these programs, so I can't rate them; I can just tell you the percentage of commission you get and the start up fee (yes, for many you need to pay to "get started" for the "kit"). I do it for you!

Origami Owl Jewelry - Now until 6/30 they have a deal where you can sign up to be a designer/seller for just $2!!! You get your own webpage, all the designer resources, and a discount of 25-50% off the store! You can decide how much time/investment you want to do. For me, I just wanted to sell to co-workers and get a discount. You can also host in person parties, sell at events, have online Facebook/Periscope/Google hangout parties without leaving your couch!!!

Stampin' Up- starter cost $99, get 20% of personal net sales (earn trips, cash bonuses, and free products)

Scentsy- starter cost $99 (+S&H & tax), get 20-30% of personal sales (earn bonuses and free products plus free personal website for 3 months ($10 after that ea. mo.)

Avon- Just $10 to get started! (incentives, rewards, and bonuses)

This girl has a great article for more companies you can make money off of: Best Products to Sell From Home by:Holla R.Hanna





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our first ultrasound~ 15 weeks

DIY Cookbook: stalk your friend's Pinterest boards!

I wanted to do something nice for my friend who enjoys cooking, so I stalked her Pinterest. She had pinned a DIY cookbook and some recipes. This was a no-brainer; make her a cookbook and print out the recipes she pinned :)! Supplies Used: 3ring Binder with clear cover Printer/paper and lots of clear page protectors! Page dividers Scrapbook paper Stickers This is what the cover ended up looking like with the Family's last name as the heading In the back I added a cupcake box, and a Veggie cooking cheat sheet Closer look of what I added to the inside pockets Inside I added a card, recipe cards, a weekly meal planning organizer and other  chef must have's I printed one recipe for each section and placed it inside the page protectors The back cover;  Scrapbook paper, then glued a Measurement Conversion Chart to it for quick reference. Bad picture...but it reads "Get Cookin'" Personally, I used 6 page di...
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace