Skip to main content

Sydney Turns 1

 Sydney Turns 1!






How I created an Owl themed party for my daughter's 1st birthday:

Birthday Highchair
Free Owl printables: banner, water bottle labels, and more
The bib is from Kohl's and the personalized owl placemat from : http://www.InkGarden.com/
Orded this custom personalized invite from Etsy
Invitation Prints (Print your own/ customize and get download for $3)

Treat Table: The cake was in the fridge
A bunch of FREE Owl printable labels, cupcake toppers, cards, and more!
Some snacks included: worms in dirt, ants on a log, and goldfish

Make your own trail mix station
 I used animal crackers, Teddy Grahams, Pretzels, Yogurt covered raisins, nuts, and more!
Created a photo timeline 0-11 months and used cinnamon apple water instead of water bottles
Apple Cinnamon Water Recipe
Printable numbers for the timeline banner (Don't print all of them; just 1-11)
A kid's station with edible play-dough, owl books, bubbles, and owl coloring pages
 Owl Coloring Page
 Owl Printable Bookmarks
Kool-Aid Edible Play-dough

Perfect for reading: I was so glad I bought these at a garage sale for a dollar!
Get owl books at garage sales or thrift stores

The gift table: A jar of Kisses From Sydney for the guests and a Time Capsule Box with Words of Wisdom cards
I got an old Lancome box from the thrift store and decorated it with puff paint and stickers. She will open it when she's 18. I also put her invitation, bow, bib, candle, and some pictures inside. It read "Do not open until 2029"
A Cupcake cake for her second party...yes she had 2!

Owl Cupcake Recipe
I got supplies from craft stores, I cut the number 1 from a foam piece and hung it in the walkway.

Owl Cake designed from our invitation


Sydney's personal cake

Follow my Pinterest account and see my board all about Owls: Owl Themed First Birthday Party

Some extras that were not seen in the pics:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9ish..Doctor! Doctor!

So I was excited to hear back from a low-cost insurance program for pregnant women, where I can get everything I need for prenatal care for a low monthly cost and I talked to them a few days ago and I was denied because we make too much money! Of course they don't take into account our bills and mortgage payment, so now I am starting again at square one to try to find a program or low cost insurance. I am so anxious to see a doctor to be reassured and hear our baby's heartbeat, I am waiting until Monday to start calling around to hospitals and Neighborhood Families to see what types of payment plans they have for pregnant women without insurance. Note to self before we have our second baby- get health insurance situated before getting pregnant!

Today is my due date!

Today is the big day...well not really. I spent the day cleaning and watching T.V. expecting the labor to NOT start anytime today. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she said I am still not dilated and my cervix is long and tight. I will go on Monday to get a NST (Non-Stress Test) where they strap on the heartbeat monitor to my belly and monitor the heart rate, movement, and oxygen levels (I think). So then if all is well we will wait until November 10 to be induced. This means that Sydney could be born on 11/11/11! Exciting, but all that really matters is that she is born healthy and their are no complications. I haven't had any contractions yet, just a lot of Braxton Hicks (tightening but no cramping) and this usually goes away after a few minutes. So I am not sure she will be born on her own but we will just have to wait and see (she is kicking me as I type this lol). Her room is ready, car seat installed, and bags packed! All our friends and family are anxiously wai

Birthday surprise for Bruce...

I was dying to tell Bruce that I was pregnant, this is how I did it.
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace