Skip to main content

Low-cost insurance for pregnant women

When I found out I was pregnant, I was elated with joy, but soon reality set in that Planned Parenthood would only take me so far in providing prenatal care. With no health insurance, I knew I could turn to state and government programs for assistance. I had a difficult time researching what I would qualify for so I decided to post my findings online so other women in my position could find all the info. in one place. Keep in mind this is information from the state of California and can change with time.

AIM_:Access to Infants and Mothers: low cost insurance for women already pregnant: It includes all your doctor visits, birth, and postnatal care. The income guidelines are as follows:

Income Guidelines

(for April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012)
AIM Family Size (count pregnant woman as 2)Monthly Household Income (Gross income after AIM deductions)Total Cost of AIM Coverage (1.5% of adjusted annual household income)
2$2,453 to $3,679$442 - $662
3$3,090 to $4,634$556 - $834
4$3,726 to $5,589$671 - $1,006
5$4,363 to $6,544$786 - $1,178
6$5,000 to $7,499$900 - $1,350
7$5,636 to $8,454$1,015 - $1,522
8$6,273 to $9,409$1,129 - $1,694
9$6,911 to $10,364$1,244 - $1,866
10$7,459 to $11,319$1,359 - $2,038
Each Additional Family Member$639 to $956$115 - $172
* A pregnant woman counts as a family of two.
You can apply by visiting AIM website


Medi-Cal


What If I'm Pregnant?

Many health care providers can offer you immediate, temporary, pregnancy related Medi-Cal services under a program called Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women. If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant, ask if your health care provider participates in this program. If you would like further information, please call 1(800) 824-0088. 

Is There A Special Program For Children and Pregnant Women?

Yes. Pregnant women and children may have more income and property than other people and still qualify for no-cost Medi-Cal services. The income guidelines are different for children under age 1, children 1 to 6, and children 6 to 19. Your family property, such as savings accounts or cars, is not used to determine eligibility if monthly income falls within certain limits. 

WIC: Women, Infants, and Children


A program that provides nutritious food to women, infants, and children who meet the income guidelines.


To view income guidelines click here: WIC income guidelines

Healthy Families: This program provides healthcare for children 0-18, includes heath, vision, and dental. 


To view income guidelines click here: Healthy Families Guidelines

If you do not qualify for any of these programs check you state's health website to see what programs they offer. You may have to purchase personal health care, but beware that some insurance companies consider pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. Good Luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our first ultrasound~ 15 weeks

Stress'n me out!

So my baby girl is teething and some days I get really stressed when she is inconsolable and fussy- some days she just wants me to hold her all day! This led me to create a Stress Relief Board on my Pinterest page. Check it out to see what helps a working mom of a teething baby relax...when she's asleep or her dad is holding her that is... Pinterest Stress Relief Board Currently Reading

DIY Cookbook: stalk your friend's Pinterest boards!

I wanted to do something nice for my friend who enjoys cooking, so I stalked her Pinterest. She had pinned a DIY cookbook and some recipes. This was a no-brainer; make her a cookbook and print out the recipes she pinned :)! Supplies Used: 3ring Binder with clear cover Printer/paper and lots of clear page protectors! Page dividers Scrapbook paper Stickers This is what the cover ended up looking like with the Family's last name as the heading In the back I added a cupcake box, and a Veggie cooking cheat sheet Closer look of what I added to the inside pockets Inside I added a card, recipe cards, a weekly meal planning organizer and other  chef must have's I printed one recipe for each section and placed it inside the page protectors The back cover;  Scrapbook paper, then glued a Measurement Conversion Chart to it for quick reference. Bad picture...but it reads "Get Cookin'" Personally, I used 6 page di...
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace